Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Newtonian Principle

Back from vacation, my fingers were itching to get to the keyboard. I have spent the last two days happily honing my current novel, Miller's Tale. For breaks I wade through the inbox of my e-mail. Geek Heaven. Catching up on old posts on the BWG blog, I saw a theme. We writers are all possessed by an invisible force, yet to be tested and named. We are all drawn (or driven) to see our thoughts in print. I believe this is more than just a self-centered ego scratch, but a mystical force that allows the unseen to be birthed. Babies that need our constant attention, crying silently until we relent and give the page its due. Admittedly, it's a weird relationship that non-writers can't fathom. Like gravity, we are pulled to the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment