Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Living Word


Happy Hollidays Y'all.

Jonah 2: 1-10 paraphrased
I remember praying to the Lord my God from the belly of my selFISHness, saying,

 “I called to the Lord out of my distress,
   and he answered me;
out of the belly of the refrigerator I cried,
   and you heard my voice.
You cast me into the back,
   into the mass of leftovers,
   and the food surrounded me;
all the syrup and salad
   covered over me.
Then I said, ‘I am driven away
   from your sight;
how shall I look again
   upon your holy temple?’
The Tupperware closed over me;
   the gravy surrounded me;
spaghetti was wrapped around my head
   at the bottom of the bowl.
I went down to the crisper
   whose drawer closed upon me forever;
yet you brought my life up from the Pit,
   O Lord my God.
As my life was ebbing away,
   I remembered the Lord;
and my prayer came to you,
   into your holy temple.
Those who worship vain idols
   forsake their true loyalty.
But I with the voice of thanksgiving
   will sacrifice to you;
what I have vowed I will pay.
   Deliverance belongs to the Lord!” 

Psalm 55:22 paraphrased

Cast your crap upon the Lord,
for he will take it and fertilize the most amazing fruits in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment